Employee Benefits Claims Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Have knowledge of all benefit insurance products and procedures and assist benefits department with administrative duties.
- Focus on client's high priority issues (i.e. claims, service problems, invoice and basic questions, carrier/client issues).
- Performs as Liaison between Employee and Carriers to manage client and employee issues as it relates to their policies.
- Assist in handling general services issues.
- Assists with single enrollments, terminations and deductions for employees based on the result of the research.
- Assist with group submissions for small clients.
- Backup for other departmental tasks as needed.
- Assists with policy and procedure development and projects.
- Document calls and activity in BrokerageBuilder, computer Client Folder and update other pertinent databases.
- Attend and participate in departmental meeting as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma with some college coursework
- Must be able to develop spreadsheets, databases, charts and other complex worksheets in Excel.
- Must have extensive knowledge with formatting, tables and using other tools in Word.
- 3+ years of medical insurance experience
- 440 or 215 Insurance License (LH&A)
- Proven customer service track record
- Ability to handle high volume work
- Ability to work and relate to clients, management and team members
- Professional business demeanor
- Have a high level of Oral and Written Communication skills